We're super excited about some of the great features and improvements coming out this month, and hope you will be too.
Among these improvements, we've also beefed up our security. Which, by design, you'll never need to know about, but we thought we'd share it anyway!
Queries tab redesign
Between running consolidations and setting up custom queries, the queries tab on the output page was getting more crowded and less usable. So, we asked you how you'd like it improved, and oh how you answered!
The result is the newly redesigned queries tab - showing errors first, simplifying the columns to show only what you need to know, putting extra details a single click away, making copying the query body super quick, and reflecting more fine grained status information... phew!
Note that the tab is now available for Snowflake and BigQuery users as well, though not yet with full error messaging and exposure of the consolidation query. That's coming soon!
New REST API input
Got a long tail of integrations you'd love to have in your data warehouse, but Alooma doesn't support them yet? Well, you're in luck! If they are integrations that support pulling data via a REST API utilizing basic authentication, we now have a new REST API input that makes pulling a breeze.
Just configure the endpoint information and parameters, and Alooma will do the rest (no pun intended!). We'll connect to the endpoint, pull the data, page through, and you'll get the data right in your data warehouse.
Other input improvements
- We improved the plumbing page to show the full name of inputs, so it's easier for you to search the page and find the one you're looking for.
- Inputs that are configured with OneClick used to only name event types using the name of the table or object they generated. However, that was sometimes causing collisions between different inputs that had the same table or object name.
So, we've changed the default event type naming to also include the destination schema/dataset you chose at the time the input was created.
Now event types will be named
public.users) instead of just table name.
Another side effect of this change is a new metadata field:
output_hint. This is added to all OneClick inputs and indicates where the data should be mapped to, if it's not yet mapped.
We have to manually upgrade existing customers to this behavior, so if you're having issues with collisions or writing Code Engine code to deal with it, just let us know.
- Salesforce inputs got improved handling logic for when we exceed the bulk API requests, as well as the case where there's an expired password.
Salesforce was also improved to, by default for new inputs, pull from the organization creation date, instead of just starting today... which makes a lot more sense as a default!
- S3 inputs no longer require a defined prefix.
- We've continued rolling our our new and improved inputs redesign, now prettifying and adding inline help to Mixpanel, NetSuite, Localytics, S3, Close.io and Azure. Nice!
- We've merged the 2 PostgreSQL input options so now there's one unified way to go.
- We fixed a bug that was limiting valid Google Cloud Storage bucket names.