We're excited to release our very first version of app.alooma.com - one webapp for all! Aside from a seamless transition, app.alooma will provide a smoother UX and faster feature delivery. Together with this big step, comes along a list of stability and performance enhancements.
- App.alooma - Have you ever wondered why the Alooma UI listens on the auxiliary SSL port (8443)? Well, in the very early days of Alooma, we decided to allocate a hostname per user, serving as an endpoint for the UI as well as device/browser orginating events. We figured that the regular HTTP/S ports shuold be used for mobile/web devices, so no firewall problems will be encountered, and this forced us to move the UI to a different port. Today the UI is hosted on the normal HTTPS port, and it's separated from the inputs endpoint (inputs.alooma.com). Oh, and yes - we also took the opportunity to move to our .com domain.
- Google Adwords Root Account Support - If you are managing multiple Google Adwords accounts under a single root account, we now support importing all accounts with a single input. Just mark the Root Accountcheckbox when adding the input, and Alooma will automatically retrieve all connected accounts and fetch the report from all of them.
- Google Analytics Schema Import - is now supported. Instead of guessing the types from collected statistics, Alooma's automatic mapper will fetch the schema from Google Analytics and use it to accurately create a mapping to a table on Redshift/BigQuery.
- Performance Improvements - We made a few changes to how we utilize Apache Storm and and Apache Kafka to transmit and process your data. In a bit more detail, we redesigned our events partitioning scheme, in a way that allows us to load much bigger bulks to Redshift at much shorter times. Got more data? Bring it on!
- Fix Postgres ODBC Full Dump Load Out Of Memory Failure
- Fix connection leak in web interface
- Fix Elasticsearch input connection error exception
- Fix transform jython boolean bug
- UI polishing
- The Mapper will now show the correct table names instead of _log tables (where change data consolidation occurs)
- Some text alignment in the Code Enginer view
- OneClick "Learn More" popover no longer gets cutoff
- MySQL Inputs configuration was missing from the "Edit" view
- After adding a Device/Browser based input ("event pushers"), it would stay in "Waiting for events mode", implying that it is setting up and not working.
- Big ints greater than 51 bits are now supported
- Google Analytics now handles missing permissions better
- Google Adwords Input was updated to use the new API
- ElasticSearch Input connection error handling improved
- Salesforce Input also handles setup errors better
- Several Oracle ODBC Input bugs were fixed:
- Auto-mapping fields of type NUMBER(0,0)
- Auto-mapping a few more Oracle-specific types
- Remove unnecessary "schema" field from Oracle Edit Settings View
- S3 Input bugs:
- Spaces in S3 Input 'prefix' configuration are now allowed
- A crash in skipping xls files has been fixed
- A bug in auto mapping an event type's new fields has been fixed
- The Automapper no longer tries to map discarded event types
- Three memory leaks have been fixed
- Alooma.py crash in the
discard_fieldmethod has been fixed.