Restream Visibility (beta)
The Restream Queue is one of Alooma's central tenants - never lose an event, for any error, and let you replay at any time. That's all well and good, but it was always hard to understand what exactly is in the Restream Queue, which made fixing issues cumbersome.
Enter the Restream Visibility feature (in beta). This feature provides unprecedented visibility into your Restream Queue by allowing you to browse, search and filter all the events:
- Filter: Find events by input label, event type, error type or by date.
- Search: Use free text search to find a specific data point.
- Visualize: Get a visual breakdown of the content of your Restream Queue by input label, event type, error type and by date.
Since this feature is still in beta, we have to turn it on for your deployment - let us know if you'd like us to! And as always, keep the feedback coming!
Zendesk, Zuora, and input improvements
We know integrations are key to customer success, so we've now added Zendesk and Zuora as new, native inputs to Alooma.
We've also made a host of other input improvements:
- PostgreSQL XMin: If you want incremental replication for your PostgreSQL tables but they don't all have an update indicator column, we now have you covered! Just contact us and we'll walk you through how to use the PostgreSQL xmin feature to support replication.
- Elasticsearch with username and password, as well as self-signed certificates are now supported.
- S3 and Mongo now allow using valid characters such as colon (:) and period (.) in their definition.
- Add input box: You may now notice an "Add new input" box added to the bottom of your plumbing screen below all the inputs. This should make it easier to add new inputs, even if you've scrolled down.
If you're using almost any input in Alooma, chances are there's some consolidation queries running in the background to keep your tables up to date and duplicate-free.
That's why we've added a Queries view on your output - just navigate to the output node and click on the Queries tab. You'll see all running consolidation queries, along with their run times, success/error status, and more.
We've also reduced the default consolidation time to 15 minutes (from 8 hours!). This should keep all your data much fresher, and will allow the queries to run faster!
- Snowflake VARIANT support: If you output to Snowflake, we now support mapping columns to the VARIANT data type when you map via alooma.py. Auto-mapping to VARIANT and accompanying UI coming soon!
- We've improved mapper page responsiveness and smoothness, to get you moving and mapping even faster.
- We now support the TimestampTZ data type for Redshift.
- New alooma.py functions:
get_schemahave been updated to support mapping to different schemas. We also updated
set_mappingto work for BigQuery and Snowflake.
- Some Salesforce data types weren't automapping correctly, so we fixed that.
- We addressed a difference between how our dump/load code was treating casing differently from our binlog replication code for MySQL.
- We fixed the fact that the output node wasn't always turning red when there was a connection error.
- We also fixed a consolidation bug where sometimes duplicate consolidations were being created.