Continuing our focus on improvements and stability, here's what we've been up to this month:
- The Facebook Ads Insights inputs is officially out of beta and broadly available! We've also added the ability to configurable the number of days back pulled on each connection, to help you balance the amount of data flowing and data freshness.
- The trusty Code Engine just got a little easier to test with the addition of the Test Mapping function.
- After choosing a sample and clicking "Run Test", you now have the option to "Also test mapping".
- When the option is chosen, the event that is generated after the code is run is then also run through the mapper. This can validate for missing mappings, mismatching data types, and more.
- If the mapping validation fails, you'll get an orange error inline along with a link to take you to the appropriate mapping to resolve the issue.
- BigQuery Record support in UI - The BigQuery Record type has been supported for some time in the backend, and now we've added matching UI support.
For any unmapped nested data structure, you'll now see a "Select structure" option in the Mapper screen.
- The "Flat" option means create a separate column for each child.
- The "Record" option means that the overall structure gets mapped to the Record type, and you'll need to define the type for each of the children of the Record.
- The Adwords input now dynamically populates the available fields.
- We've added the ability to sort by status (red/yellow/green) on the Mapper - find that under the "Sort" option above the event types list.
- Ever had one disproportionate valued line in the dashboard make the rest of the chart unreadable? Now, when you filter out any line from a chart in the dashboard, we'll recalibrate the Y axis to make sure the chart remains clear.
- We've added a notification that gets emitted when we get an event that is larger than 5MB in the system, so it's no longer a silent failure.
- The Mixpanel authentication mechanism was upgraded to the latest version.
- We removed the unnecessary confirmation step in the Restream Queue page when "Restream" is clicked.
- We had a bug where we were sometimes sending duplicate notifications, and that was solved.
- We also no longer show an input as in an error state, when the portion of the input that had the error has been deleted.
More to come next month, stay tuned! And as always, feel free to contact us.