We're getting your feedback about inputs and addressing them with a new input and some brand new improvements:
- FTP and SFTP input (alpha): We have an alpha version of a new FTP and SFTP input. Very similar to our existing S3 input, the FTP input allows you to stream CSVs, TSVs, JSON data and more from your FTP or SFTP server straight to Alooma. Since this input is still in alpha, just let us know if you'd like to give it a try!
- MySQL binlog replication just took replication to the next level. In the past, the replication would start with new changes as they arrived, and required support to perform the initial snapshot. Now Alooma does this automatically - just select the Dump and load an initial snapshot of the selected tables checkbox. Note that:
- This option works best with tables that are under 100M rows. For larger tables please contact support for fast snapshot creation.
- This option only works when you've defined specific tables to replicate, not when replicating the entire MySQL.
- The Mixpanel input now allows you to choose to split Mixpanel events by their Mixpanel event types. When you choose this option, the input will split events into an Alooma event type for each Mixpanel event type.
- Oracle just got a new optional Schema name field to aid in your connectivity needs. We've also expanded our Oracle support to support Oracle 11 as well as Oracle 12.
- All of our inputs that accept lists of objects (Salesforce, MongoDB, MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, and PostgreSQL) have been modified to accept comma separation and not just space separation.
- We've modified our in-app send feedback experience by having it launch an email window instead of the little modal it launched in the past.
- We've added ability to support NaN values when they show up in event JSONs.
- We heard your feedback that our minimal automatic varchar length for Redshift and Snowflake was just too small and causing errors - so we bumped it up to 1024. You can of course still manually set whatever length you choose!
- We've blocked the ability to add multiple inputs of the same name at the time you select a name during input creation, since that was causing some funky issues.
- View retention didn't work when consolidating if there was an object with the same name on a different schema. Now it's all good.
- We removed an unnecessary blocking of upper case letters in the table creation dialog.