Native Python Code Engine (beta)
The Code Engine is one of the unique aspects of Alooma that give our users power and control over their data streams. This month we added a couple of highly requested features, now in beta:
- Native Python: The Code Engine used to support only Jython code, and in this release we support native Python, including C extensions.
- Custom Packages: Have a favorite Python package you'd like to call from within the Code Engine? Just ask! Our Data Solution Engineers can quickly add any pip installable Python package you desire.
Want to be part of the magic and join the beta? Just let us know.
Oracle LogMiner and other input improvements
Log-based replication is the fastest, most reliable, and lowest-impact way to replicate a database. Log-based replication has been the clear winner in MySQL replication, and now we're proud to announce log-based replication in Oracle via LogMiner.
Just a couple of setup steps and you're ready to go for blazing-fast, real time Oracle replication at scale.
We've also released a host of other input improvements:
- Newly created Azure, Box, Google Drive, Google Cloud Storage, S/FTP and S3 inputs have consolidations running by default to make sure your data is up to date and you never see duplicates. Note that for these inputs we assume there are only additions and changes to, but no deletes from, the files.
- Google Sheets also has consolidations, but here we assume there may, indeed, be deletions, so we account for them.
- We've upgraded to the newest Facebook Ads Insights API.
- MySQL with incremental replication supports all unsigned integer types as an update indicator column.
- MongoDB input supports authenticating with self-signed certificates.
- We've expanded the data we pull with NetSuite, namely supporting custom fields and sub-line items.
- The Python SDK can be run in a Python 3 environment as well as 2.7.
- PostgreSQL input supports BC dates.
- Microsoft SQL Server input supports the
- You may have noticed that the Alooma UI, especially the Plumbing and Mapping pages, load faster and have a snappier response time (we sure do!).
- Speaking of snappy, our newly designed Restream Queue button at the top right of the Plumbing page not only shows more useful data, but also comes up much more quickly than before.
- We support S3 retention with buckets that have only given us WRITE permissions, not READ.
- The Snowflake output supports the