More improvements based on your feedback to get all your data exactly how you want it!
Map to Schemas
At Alooma we are committed to let you have your data just the way you want it on your target data warehouse. That's why we've added the ability to define which schema (in Redshift or Snowflake) to map your data to, from two key places:
- When defining an input, you'll find a Create tables in option under the OneClick mapping mode. You can choose an existing schema all event types from this input will be automatically be mapped to, or create a new one. The default is the one you selected when defining the target data warehouse.
- When defining a mapping, you'll find a schema dropdown next to the table dropdown. From there, you can select an existing schema or create a new one to map the event type to. The default is the one you selected when defining the target data warehouse.
S3 Support Expansion
We've added support for a few more S3 options:
- We now support S3 buckets that reside in the EU AWS region.
- We've expanded S3 support to include files where each one is an entire JSON object, as well as files which contain an array of JSON objects.
To use the JSON object options for your S3 input, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We've removed the restriction that limited table creation to lowercase letters only. Note, though, that Redshift specifically creates all tables in lowercase letters regardless of the definition.
- We've added icons on the input selection screen not only to make it look nicer (though, it does!), but also to make it easier for you to quickly identify and add a new input.
- There were quite a few cases where we should have emitted an error notification to the notification pane on the dashboard, but didn't. So, we've added them to make sure you have all the data you need to keep your system on track.
- We found that our Adwords input dropdown had a bug that had mixed up a few of the report type options, so we settled that.
- When resetting a password, we were showing an error as soon as you started typing your new password. No more.
- In some edge cases the Restream Queue would empty, but would continue to show status as "Restreaming". So, we fixed it.
- We used to block upper case naming in the table create dialog - no more.