Alooma can replicate tables from your Microsoft SQL Server (MSSQL), either hosted by you or in Amazon, to your target data warehouse in near real-time.
This enables you to, for example, enrich your analytics data coming from your mobile devices and with user attributes stored in your MSSQL database.
Alooma provides two supported replication options for MSSQL: full dump/load and incremental dump/load. Learn more about choosing the right replication method for your data.
Integrating your MSSQL database with Alooma is easy in just a few steps:
- How do you want to connect to Alooma? If it's via an SSH server, check out how to connect via SSH. Otherwise, you'll need to whitelist access to Alooma's IP addresses.
- Is your MSSQL hosted in Amazon? Check out how to whitelist IPs in Amazon.
- Add and name your MSSQL input from the Plumbing screen and enter the following details:
- Hostname of the MSSQL server (default port is 1433)
- User name and Password
- Database name
- Schema name
- If your MSSQL server is behind an SSH server you can connect to MSSQL via SSH.
- Choose the replication method you'd like to use for MSSQL replication
For full dump/load replication, provide:
- The database/schema you want to replicate.
- A space- or comma- separated list of the names of the tables you want to replicate.
- The frequency at which you'd like to replicate your tables. The more frequent, the more fresh your data will be, but the more load it puts on your MSSQL database.
- A table/update indicator column pairs for each table you want to replicate.
Keep the mapping mode to the default of OneClick if you'd like Alooma to automatically map all MSSQL tables exactly to your target data warehouse. Otherwise, they'll have to be mapped manually from the Mapper screen.
That's it! You're done integrating MSSQL and Alooma.