Alooma can read and replicate all of the data in files from Azure Blob Storage or from Microsoft Application Insights.
If you are importing data from Microsoft Application Insights, start by setting up Continuous Export from Application Insights to an Azure Blob Storage
- Add your Azure input from Alooma's plumbing screen
- Define your Azure Storage account details:
- Azure Account Name (the DNS prefix you created - e.g. for mystorage.blob.core.windows.net the name would be mystorage)
- Azure Account Key (In the Azure portal, navigate to your storage account, click All settings and then click Access keys. The key is 88 base64 characters)
- Container Name (between 3 and 63 lowercase characters)
- File prefix (optional - the prefix of the files you'd like to upload, for instance
mydir/sys_log). If a prefix is entered, the other files are ignored.
Alooma will reflect the path based on your settings as File will be imported from.
- Define which files to import - New (from the time you create the input, existing files will be ignored) or All files currently in that bucket/prefix.
Keep the mapping mode to the default of OneClick if you'd like Alooma to automatically map the Azure events directly to your target data warehouse. Otherwise, they'll have to be mapped manually from the Mapper screen.