Alooma can read and replicate all of the Mixpanel event data from your Mixpanel account. This allows you to merge client usage data with other data in your data warehouse.
Events imported from Mixpanel are in JSON format and are identical to the events tracked by your app.
Note that these events include timestamps as seconds from the epoch, in the timezone of your project (not GMT). Due to Mixpanel's API limitations, this integration runs once daily, to import events from the previous day.
Setting up the integration
You can connect Mixpanel to Alooma in just a few steps:
- Add your Mixpanel input from Alooma's plumbing screen
- Supply the necessary credentials:
- API key (Can be found on your account page under API information. 32 lowercase characters and numeric digits)
- API secret (32 lowercase characters and numeric digits)
- Choose whether you'd like to import historical events (if not, it will start today with yesterday's data)
- Choose whether you'd like a stopping point for the input
- By default Alooma splits up Mixpanel events by the event type that Mixpanel gives them. If selected, you'll get an Alooma event type for each Mixpanel event type, otherwise all events will show up as a single event type.